Golf Scramble Information:
A golf scramble is a format for a golf tournament. Four players form a team, with the rules emphasizing fun without the pressure of players keeping individual scores. Each player hits a tee shot on each hole, but everyone plays from the spot of the best shot, subject to certain criteria. Rules for playing in a scramble are informal, with tournament organizers modifying basic rules as they wish.
St. Peter School thanks our Business Sponsors
Please join us!
20th Annual Golf Classic, “Fore the Children”
Friday June 8, 2018
Tournament Chair: Mr. Daniel Appugliese Honorary Chair: Mr. Robert Gray
All are invited to join the St. Peter School community for an afternoon on the links “fore the children.” Our 9-hole Golf Tournament will be begin at 2:00 pm.
What is a golf classic? An unbelievable day of camaraderie, golf, and great memories where 50+ golfers of all skill levels to play 9 holes of golf within a two-hour period, which positively impacts the students of St. Peter School.
No golf experience required. Just the willingness to have a fun-filled afternoon on the course for a good cause. Individuals can sign up and will be placed into a foursome. Tournament space is limited to 72 golfers – don’t miss out!
NEW THIS YEAR – ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION!
2:00 pm – Registration
3:00 pm – Shotgun Start
5:30 pm – BBQ Dinner prepared by Chef Doug, Prizes, and Raffle Drawing at the Mt. Auburn VFW Post (across from the golf course).
Golf Location: Fresh Pond Golf Course, 691 Huron Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
Dinner Location: Mt. Auburn VFW Post 8818, 688 Huron Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
Cost: Golf & Dinner: $125.00, per person which includes: 9-holes of golf, cart, snacks at the course, tournament goodies, and a delicious barbecue dinner prepared by Chef Doug.
Dinner Only – $25.00, per person
RSVP: Golf and Dinner or Dinner only
Ad Book Sponsorships
If you are unable to make it to the golf course, please consider a general donation for the event. Thank you!
- The practice green is open to current season ticket holders and daily fee players only
- All players must have a bag and a set of clubs.
- Proper golfing attire required. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Practicing is prohibited on the golf course. One ball limit per player.
- No play will be allowed before golf course operational hours begin.
- Undue delay will not be tolerated, please play ready golf.
- Metal Spikes are not allowed on the golf course.
- All players must check in with the golf shop before play
- All players must present a current receipt to the starter
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the golf course
- Rain checks will be issued ONLY if the golf course becomes unplayable or unsafe.
- Players must be 21 or older and hold a valid drivers license to rent a golf cart.
- Golf Cart renters are responsible for any damage done to the golf cart.
- Obey Cart Signs at all times, Keep Golf Carts on paths when available